With WeSupply you can process returns and refund to customers' original payment method or by issuing a Gift Card. This feature can be used only by Shopify Plus Merchants.
The advantage of issuing a gift card is that it increases revenue since they're extremely cost-effective to produce and customers generally spend over the gift card limit. Since many people see the amount on the gift card as “free money”, 65% of consumers will spend 38% more than the gift card's value.
Requirements for issuing a refund as Gift Card.
- Make sure that you have the Shopify public app of WeSupply installed
- Activate the Gift card feature in your Shopify store
- Set up the WeSupply Refund Gift Card custom app. Steps below
- Contact Shopify support to enable the gift card API for your account. Make sure that the Shopify team confirms you the gift card API is enabled. This request can be done easy from the Shopify Plus Support Chat.
- Connect the custom app with your WeSupply account. Steps below.
Setup the WeSupply Gift Card Custom App
- Go to your Shopify Admin -> Apps section and click on Apps and Sales channels settings
- On the Build custom apps for your unique needs section, click on Develop apps for your store
- Hit the Create an app button and give your app a name. Example: WeSupply Refund Gift Card
- Click on Configure Admin API scopes
- Now your need to provide the required permission for this app for Customers, Gift cards and Orders (both read and write) like below:
- Click Save changes and then click on the Install app button to install this custom app
- At this point, you will automatically be switched to the API credentials section, where you need to discover your Admin API access token to copy it
Note: You can see your Admin API access token only once. After that, it will not be possible for you to check it. If you lose the token you will need to delete the app and restart the entire process.
Connect the custom app with your WeSupply account
- Login into your WeSupply account
- In our account go to Settings and choose Providers
- Under the Shopify section paste the copied Admin API access token in the Access token input
- Click Save
Now you will be able to refund store credit by issuing a Gift Card into your Shopify Plus store