Returns are a necessary part of doing business, but they can be expensive.
You not only have to worry about the cost of shipping products back to your warehouse, but you may also have to pay for restocking fees and return labels.
WeSupply's return automation tool makes it easy for you to automate your return rules. You can choose to include a specific return cost as the cost of the label, a restocking fee as a percentage of the product price, choose to not refund the shipping fee, or even offer free returns.
This will help keep your costs down and make returning products easier for both you and your customers.
Types of Return Costs
Under your WeSupply account > Settings > Return Methods -> Return Logics and Policies, when creating a new return logic or editing an existing one, you'll be able to automate the following return costs:
You can select how you would like the return cost to be handled:
- Free: no fees will be deducted from the refund
- Fixed amount: set up a fixed amount that will be automatically deducted from the refund
- Return label cost: the exact return label cost will be deducted from the refund
You can select how you would like the restocking fee to be handled. Restocking fees are applied per item.
- Free: no amount will be deducted from the refund
- Fixed amount: define a fixed amount that will automatically be deducted from the refund
- Percent amount: define the percent value from the product price that will automatically be deducted from the refund
Refund Shipping Fee:
You can choose to:
- Refund the shipping fee (Yes)
- Do not refund the shipping fee (No)
- Offer a free return policy for specific products or specific return reasons;
- Charge a restocking fee for expensive products;
- Charge the label cost for heavy products;
- Set up a fixed return cost for specific products by product attributes like SKU, color, size, etc.;
- Set up a restocking fee as a percentage of the product price for specific return reasons;
- Do not refund the shipping fee for international returns;
- If the product was damaged in transit, offer free returns;
- If the product was damaged in transit, refund the shipping fee;
- Allow the consumer to keep the item if it was opened/worn and cannot be returned, and charge a return fee before issuing a refund.
Q: I already use returns, are there any extra costs involved in activating WeSupply's return cost functionality?
No. There are no extra costs.
Q: Do I need a paid plan in order to use returns costs?
Yes. Any return functionality can only be used with one of our paid plans.
Q: If a customer returns several items at once, would it be possible to apply the return cost only to specific products based on my return rules?
Yes. Customers can return numerous products at once, and depending on your active return rules, the return cost will be charged accurately per product.
Q: Can I add various return costs (label cost plus restocking fee) at once?
Yes. Depending on your internal policy, you can combine different returns costs.
Q: Can I manually change the refund amount and return fees before issuing a refund to the consumer if setting up automated return costs?
Yes. You can adjust the return cost and the amount to be refunded each time you manage refunds.
Q: How does WeSupply inform customers about the costs of returns?
Customers can review their return request before submitting it, which allows them to double-check any associated return fees.
They are also informed of the return fee and expected refund amount via automated emails.
This provides prompt communication and transparency about the amount of money that will be refunded.
Q: Is the cost of returns tracked in the WeSupply dashboard for efficient return management?
Yes. Each return request's charges are tracked in your WeSupply dashboard.