Using WeSupply, your customers can automatically generate return shipping labels once they return a product.
It is totally up to you if you would like to set up an automatic flow for return labels, or you can opt only for your customer reps to be able to create return labels for your customers or let your customers assign their own tracking numbers to the returned package.
You can also choose the type of label that you would like to generate: Scan-Based or Pre-Paid.
But what's the difference between Scan-Based and Pre-Paid return labels?
If you choose to generate pre-paid return shipping labels, you are charged for the label when it's created. Unlike pre-paid return labels, for scan-based return labels, you are only charged upon usage, when the carriers scan them into their system.
The main advantage of a scan-based return label is that you as a seller are not charged for the label until it’s in the mail stream. This means you can print hundreds of scan-based return labels, but you'll only get charged for the ones that are used and when they are actually scanned by the carrier. If your customer never uses the return shipping label and the label is not scanned, you are never charged for it.
However, if you have chosen scan-based labels for your returns, you might notice that the return package dimensions default to 1. This means that all return labels will have the same cost, regardless of the actual size and weight of the package.
By selecting the pre-paid option for your labels, you can customize the package dimensions and weight. Head to Settings -> Return Methods -> Advanced Settings -> Scroll to the Default Return Package section and select Pre-Paid labels.
This would allow you to configure the following:
1. Package Dimensions (Length, Width, Height):
- You have the option to use a fixed value for all your products. This means that regardless of the product, the dimensions for the return labels will remain the same.
- You can also use the dimensions entered at the product level. This allows for more accurate packaging information for each product. If these dimensions are not found, you can set a default value to be applied.
2. Package Weight:
- Similar to the dimensions, you can set a fixed weight for all your products.
- Alternatively, you can use the weight set at the product level. This option is useful if your products vary significantly in weight. If the weight is not found, you can set a default value to be applied.
By customizing the dimensions and weight of your return packages, you can ensure that the cost of your return labels accurately reflects the size and weight of your products. This not only helps in managing your shipping costs but also provides a more accurate representation of your products to your customers.