As soon as you customize your emails and SMS notifications, you have two ways to test all of them, in order to see how they look like:
A. Email test notification
- Go to Design -> Notifications section - > Edit Template for the notification you'd like to test.
- You'll be automatically directed to the Email tab, and on the right-hand side just enter your Email Address, then click on Test Email.
B. SMS test notification
- Go to Design -> Notifications section - > Edit Template for the notification you would like to test.
- Click over the SMS tab -> enter the Prefix and the Phone Number -> click on Test SMS.
C. Test Real Order Notifications
If you placed a real test order in your system make sure that the followings are in place:
1 - The expected notifications are enabled
You can enable the notifications by going to Design -> Notifications section -> Check off the desired notifications.
2 - Use real Tracking Numbers that are not already delivered
- Because WeSupply only sends out notifications when specific events happen, you can only simulate these notifications with real and unique tracking numbers. The tracking number must be unique, and it cannot be used multiple times for different orders.
- When you ship an order, make sure that a valid tracking number is added for this order. Otherwise, you won't receive any Email or SMS notification on the shipment status.
- Simply use a newly created tracking number, and as soon as the product is delivered you will receive the notifications.
- Also please make sure that the status of the tracking number is not already delivered! This is a common mistake that we often see.
- If a tracking number already has the status delivered for a few hours or even days, we will not send out any notification as it would create more confusion for the customer. WeSupply sends proactive shipping notifications only for future updates of the shipment status, not for past events that are related to an order.
Note: this process can take 2-3 days.
As soon as the notification is sent, you can verify it in your inbox or phone but additionally, it can be checked by going to Orders Search -> Click on the order you would like to check -> click on the Notification Sent or View Notification.