In some cases, you may want to allow your customers to return items even if the order is unfulfilled or not delivered. This article will guide you through the process of setting up and configuring the "Allow Returns for Unfulfilled Orders" option in your store. We will also cover some FAQs and use cases to help you better understand this feature.
1. When there is no ordered delivery confirmation, and you are unsure if the item was fulfilled or not.
2. When the customer only uses returns, and the order information is unavailable.
3. When the item fulfillment status is unknown.
1. Log in to your store's admin panel.
2. Navigate to Section Settings > Returns > Return Methods > Advanced Settings.
3. Locate the "Allow Returns for Unfulfilled Orders" section.
4. Toggle the switch to "Yes" if you want to enable this feature, or "No" if you want to disable it.
5. Save your changes.
Q: What happens when I enable the "Allow Returns for Unfulfilled Orders" option?
A: When this option is enabled, customers can submit return requests for orders that have not been fulfilled or delivered yet.
Q: What happens when I disable the "Allow Returns for Unfulfilled Orders" option?
A: When this option is disabled, customers can only submit return requests for orders that have been fulfilled.
Q: What message will my customers see if they try to return an unfulfilled order when the option is disabled?
A: If the option is disabled and the customer wants to return an item, they will see the message: "We're sorry, you cannot request a return as this order hasn't shipped yet."
Q: Can I change the message displayed to customers when they try to return an unfulfilled order?
A: Yes, you can customize the message in your store's admin panel under the "Returns" settings.
The "Allow Returns for Unfulfilled Orders" feature provides flexibility for store owners to handle return requests under various circumstances. By following the instructions in this article, you can easily set up and configure this option for your store. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our support team.