There may be instances where the initial capped amount limit set for your Shopify store's app usage is not sufficient to cover the monthly usage. In such cases, the WeSupply system cannot bill the usage, and an error is generated, preventing the platform from processing the monthly payment. To avoid this issue, you can manually increase the app spending limit by following the steps outlined below.
1. Log in to your Shopify admin account.
2. Navigate to the billing settings page:
- For United States users: Go to Finances > Billing.
- For users in all other countries: Go to Settings > Billing.
3. Click on 'View all subscriptions.'
4. Locate the WeSupply Labs app for which you want to increase the spending limit, and click on the three dots (...) next to it.
5. Click on 'View spending limit.'
6. In the 'NEW APP SPENDING LIMIT' field, enter a new amount that is greater than your current app spending limit. Note that the app usage charge displayed here might differ from what's shown on your invoice, but the most up-to-date app usage charge is displayed on this page.
7. Select the checkbox to acknowledge that you're changing your app spending limit.
8. Click on 'Save.'
9. Click on 'Confirm' to finalize the changes.
By following these steps, you can successfully increase the app spending limit for your Shopify store, ensuring that the WeSupply system can bill the usage without any errors. Make sure to set a limit high enough to cover your estimated usage to avoid any disruptions in your store's app functionality.